All Undergraduate Scholarships are merit based. All students auditioning for the majors dance program (freshmen and transfer) will automatically be considered for a scholarship as a part of the audition. Returning majors must annually re-apply for scholarship support.
Recipients of scholarship support are expected to be full participating and contributing members in the Department who excel and go beyond what is asked of them in their required course work. A recipient is expected to model the ideals of the Department, which include a striving for excellence through discipline, professionalism, desire, determination, dedication, risk taking, and artistic drive. Ability, commitment to one’s learning, exceptional personal growth, and citizenship within the Department are all important factors for the awarding of support. Due to limited funds available, it is beyond the Department’s ability to support all students and requests for scholarship support. Being awarded a scholarship in one year is not a guarantee that a scholarship will be renewed or at the same dollar amount.
- E.R. Hayes Endowed Scholarships (T-53)
- Cordelia Quick Endowed Scholarships
- Haskell Endowed Scholarships
- Michael Foundation Endowed Scholarships
- Summer/Special Project Support Scholarships
- Anne Riordan Scholarship
- Eskridge Schoarship
- Lynn W Topovski Scholarship
- Stephanie Petersen Memorial Scholarship
- Department of Modern Dance Scholarship
- College of Fine Arts Scholarships for Dance
- Fine Arts House Scholarship
- Orchesis Awards: Each spring Orchesis awards are given to students who have shown exceptional merit in the areas of performance, choreography, and/or production. Orchesis members currently enrolled in the university select award recipients, subject to faculty approval.
- Dee R. Winterton Award: Each spring a student is chosen by the faculty for this award who exemplifies the following qualities: creativity, humor and wit, abundance of spirit, love of the arts, love of dance, love of people, generous sharing of time and talent, and a striving for excellence.
- Department of Modern Dance Service Award: Each spring a student(s) is chosen by the faculty for this award who has provided exceptional service to the department, university, local dance community and/or the community at large.
Interested in funding these scholarships and awards? Give online to the Department of Modern Dance.